Monday, November 15, 2010

First post, many musings

The feelings associated with beginning this writing endeavor are rather odd. As this stream or information we call the internet penetrates into my neurons, exposing the things I say in the privacy of my own mind, I feel a bit disoriented. All the folds and electric firings that are my brain, which is the headquarters of my mind, can be laid out on a glass display table in the form of a touch screen for all to examine. However, to my own surprise, I do not feel the need to "filter" what I say in order to portray the most flattering light of my personality. Maybe this is what they mean by "self-esteem" - the ability to know that there is value to what you say regardless of whether an audience pays any attention to it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment